Re[2]: MPI -- URGENT.....

From: Michael Clark (magnumv8@wtez.net)
Date: Mon Jun 12 2000 - 02:41:34 EDT

Saturday, June 10, 2000, 3:39:23 PM, you wrote:

> Hmmm, that's strange. Did the the dealer give you the correct hose?
> (Is there a P/N on it?) I replaced my bypass hose when I installed my MPI
> also. The outlet location is a little different when compared to the stock
> manifold, but it fit. (I trimmed it slightly.)

The hose I got Jon, was the same part # specified in your kit (and on
another website) it was even silk-screened onto the hose itself....
It had almost a 90 degree hook to one end of it.
The one that came off my truck was almost straight with maybe a 40
degree angle on one end.

The solution was to run to Autozone. I got to hand it to the guy that
helped me. These guys can be boneheads sometimes, but he really came
through for me... saved the day. They had one hose listed as in
stock, but he couldn't find it. So he took what was left of my stock
hose and dug one up that was about 12 inches longer but had the exact
angled turn on one end... Bingo!

--Mike www.mikesdakota.com