Re: Resetting the computer

From: andy (andylevy@bigfoot.com)
Date: Sun Jun 11 2000 - 17:08:39 EDT

It'll take a good 50-100 miles IIRC to fully "relearn" everything. It
took me nearly 200, but the first 150 was on the highway on cruise
control. My assumption would be that a reset will set the computer back
to its factory defaults for timing, air/fuel mixtures, and so on. When
I reset my computer (with just a battery disconnect, but it was 30
minutes), my engine started "stronger" (richer mixture?) and seemed to
have a little more grunt than before. This, of course, settled back
down after a while, to where it had been before. The mileage for that
tank of gas was a little lower than I had been used to (about 1/2 - 1
MPG), likely due to having to relearn fuel mixtures.