RE: Dynomax cat-back

From: The Man From Utopia (tmfu@home.com)
Date: Sun Jun 11 2000 - 18:46:52 EDT

> Hello, all!
> I will be ordering the dynomax cat-back from Jeg's (the
> $112.00 one) and was wondering from those that have this system if I will
need any
> additional parts, or if there are any unexpected surprises? I have a
> '95 Sport CC 5.2L 2WD. Thanks in advance!!
> Chuck

If you are just using the run of the mill Dynomax cat-back it's a walk in
the park AFTER you get your old exhaust system out. Took me all of 20min to
get mine out (helps to have access to an air compressor and airtools).
You're gonna have to cut the ends off old hangers to get them off the rubber
mounts(you'll see when you get under there). The only mod I had to do was
shorten the new pipe going into the muffler. DO NOT cut the exhaust pipe
from the cat, otherwise the hanger for the front of the muffler won't line
up, and had to bend the new hanger ends so they won't slip out of the rubber
mounts. Use the new clamps( you really don't have a choice unless your
exhaust system is pristine). Becareful when installing or removing the pipe,
it's really easy to whack the bed and chip or scratch some paint. Overall
it's a really easy job if you have airtools(or cutting torch). If you have
hand tools expect to take it alot longer to get the old system out. Once it
is out it's pretty much a piece of cake. The second time I put it in(the 1st
was replaced with stock under warranty for a bad cat)I added a wrinkle by
using a FlowMaster 40 2-chamber and I knew I was gonna run into a few
problems so I spent $80 at the local Mieneke who has a good rep with the
ricers, and had a Class-A job done. It sounds nice, and is not going
anywhere...

Greg
95 DSCC v6 5spd
Rahway NJ