Re: torsion bars question

From: Walter Felix (walt_felix@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Jun 12 2000 - 08:43:02 EDT

You can swap in the 2000lbs V8 Torsion bars with no problem. They are
interchangable. The engine mounts on a 4x4 consists of 4 parts. A left and
right insulator and a left and right bracket. Both the V6 and the V8 list
part # 4412102 as the right bracket and part # 4348555 as the left. The
brackets bolt to the block itself and the right bracket also bolts to the
front of the tranny housing. This suggests the mounts are located in the
same location. The insulators not only hold the brackets in place but also
hold the front axle housing in place which also suggests the placement of
the mounts are the same. The V8 insulators I belive have bigger bushings
but I'm not sure.

Walt Felix
88½ Dakota Sport 4x4 and 2000 Ram 1500 QuadCab Sport 4x4
Walt@Walt-n-Ingrid.COM
http://WWW.Walt-n-Ingrid.COM