Re: 180 Thermostat & Mileage

From: Terry Herrin (therrin@isaac.net)
Date: Mon Jun 12 2000 - 13:29:00 EDT

On Mon, 12 Jun 2000 12:54:55 -0400, "Greig, Doug"
<douggr@hazelett.com> wrote:
>So, let me get this straight. No one has noticed any change in HP, mileage,
>or emmisions when changing to a 180 deg thermostat. Our Dakota's don't come

I noticed no change in mpg when changing to the 180, but I did notice
the engine runs cooler, and as such makes more power. The magnum
engine loses a lot of power when it gets hot. Anything you can do to
keep the temp down will help. As for emissions, I don't know if they
changed or not, I've never had the emissions tested.

Terry Herrin
99 FR CC R/T
14.769 @ 91.43
Wilmington, NC