Re: Re: Durango Pricing

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Mon Jun 12 2000 - 16:46:34 EDT

> I had some time to kill so I hit a few sites. It sounds like your
> girlfriend is getting an excellent deal. Are there any other extra's?
> I've found that http://www.edmund.com/ has very realistic pricing on
> the packages and add-ons.

Chuck,
>From what I remember, the Durango we looked at which was a 2000 Durango
Sport 4x4. This had the NP231 Part Time tcase, 4.7L V8, the LT235 tires,
power windows, power locks, AM/FM Stereo Cassette, 3.55 in both diffs, and
really everything list under the Standard 2WD equipment as well as the
standard items within the 4WD section. I think it did have power side
mirrors. The color was Chili Pepper Red Pearlcoat. If she wants a hitch and
wiring put on, I could put a hitch on for $100 and wire it up for another
$25; if she really thinks she would tow with it. She really liked it, as you
can imagine it is alot larger than her 97 2WD Ranger(4 cyl) and it was alot
more powerful also. Her truck handles very poorly in the winter and since
she drives 45 minutes one way to work, I would rather see her in a larger
truck anyways and in a 4WD truck at that; she is an RN at a large Chicago
hospital. I thought that $24,998 was a really good price also. She would
most likely trade in her Ranger on this anyways, so the price would come
down also, plus I would make sure she got some type of recent college grad
discount or a first time buyer discount. Thanks alot.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6