Re: Header Manifold Blankets

From: jelledge (jelledge@micron.com)
Date: Tue Jun 13 2000 - 14:11:42 EDT

Jack, you can only really add header wraps to stainless steel
headers. These will not corrode or rust, they will only get a slight
oxidation passivation layer formed on the outside of them.

If you wrap any iron or steel headers they will corrode very badly and die.

I have had some header wraps on my JBA stainless headers for my '99 Dak
for awhile now with no trouble. The company I bought the wrap from
guarantees they will not damage stainless steel headers too...

hope this helps
Ja