Header Manifold Blankets

From: Jack Paulson (cybermail1@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Jun 13 2000 - 10:33:15 EDT

I've learned a great deal by reading the
archives in a short time. So far adding the
electric fan is in but undesided on the 180 thermostat
- doesn't seem add much.

Has anyone any experience with Exhaust Insulating
Wraps or "The Header Manifold Blanket"(see below)?

I understand there may be a rust issue but,
with the blanket the air may circulate more
to reduce or eliminate the issue.

I was thinking that this might reduce engine
compartment heat and increase exhaust scavenging.

It's about $80 for the V-6

>From the mfg.:
"The Header Manifold Blanket provides
 excellent heat retention for exhaust
 headers and manifolds. This flexible
 heat shield simply clips into place on
 the upper portion of the header. The
 fabric side of the material should be
 facing the heat source. The aluminized
 side facing away, offering protection
 from abrasion and harmful liquid spills.
 The Header Manifold blanket is available
 in two sizes."

http://www.thermo-tec.com.au/products/14003.html

0 - Added the first month:
Airaid air filter
Flowmaster 3 chamber
Torneau cover

0 - The Truck
2000 Quad Cab 4X4-Sport Red - of course
V-6 - Automatic - Sports Plus Package
Trailer Tow Group, HD package, 3.55 diff,
limited slip rear diff