Re: Re: Re: Dealer blames Hotchkis for cab pop

From: Terry Herrin (therrin@isaac.net)
Date: Tue Jun 13 2000 - 16:15:59 EDT

On Mon, 12 Jun 2000 22:07:05 -0400, "Jon Smith"
<fast4x4@bellsouth.net> wrote:
>I do believe it could possibly be construed as consumer fraud, but not
>really since you didn't have the work done. At this point, I think the best
>thing done (which I'm sure you're already planned out) is to get the cab
>bolts fixed at another dealer, show both sets of paperwork to the district
>manager, DC, and whomever else you can get to listen. Squeaky wheel gets
>the grease sort of thing.

That is *exactly* what I am going to do. I already have a dealer in
Charleston who will do the work for me. I will have both sets of
paperwork in hand to send to DC, district manager, etc.

>I ran into this same sort of service BS with Egolf Dodge in Henersonville,
>NC. The plastic-topped radiator crapped out (under warrenty time) they
>wouldn't fix it, claiming the part was not in stock... I had to get it done
>that week, took it to a radiator shop within walking distance of the dealer
>and had them do the work. Now here's the kicker, guess where they got the
>radiator? yep, from Egolf Dodge, same dealer who claimed to not have it in
>stock....

Oh man, that is bad! I tell you, these dealers should be held
accountable for this kind of crap.

>Worse comes to worse, if you can't find a dealer to do it, I'll drive down
>one weekend and help ya put em on

I looked in the FSM and they do look easy to replace. I would do them
myself, but I want another dealer's paperwork in hand where I had it
fixed. I'm not going to just walk away from the way the local dealer
treated me.

Terry Herrin
99 FR CC R/T
14.769 @ 91.43