Re: Re: Re: Dealer blames Hotchkis for cab pop

From: Jon Smith (fast4x4@bellsouth.net)
Date: Mon Jun 12 2000 - 22:07:05 EDT

I do believe it could possibly be construed as consumer fraud, but not
really since you didn't have the work done. At this point, I think the best
thing done (which I'm sure you're already planned out) is to get the cab
bolts fixed at another dealer, show both sets of paperwork to the district
manager, DC, and whomever else you can get to listen. Squeaky wheel gets
the grease sort of thing.

I ran into this same sort of service BS with Egolf Dodge in Henersonville,
NC. The plastic-topped radiator crapped out (under warrenty time) they
wouldn't fix it, claiming the part was not in stock... I had to get it done
that week, took it to a radiator shop within walking distance of the dealer
and had them do the work. Now here's the kicker, guess where they got the
radiator? yep, from Egolf Dodge, same dealer who claimed to not have it in
stock....

Worse comes to worse, if you can't find a dealer to do it, I'll drive down
one weekend and help ya put em on
    Jon Smith--Raleigh, NC
      95 318 4x4 CC auto
  www4.ncsu.edu/~jdsmith4