Re: Scanners

From: Shane Moseley (smoseley@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Tue Jun 13 2000 - 17:28:59 EDT

Ronald Wong wrote:

> Hi DML'ers,
>
> I noticed that a few of you have scanners for your truck. For those of you
> that bought the scanners for personal use on your own or friends' vehicles,
> what kind did you buy and how much and what are its shortcomings if any? In
> short, does it do all that you want it to? Thanks a lot folks.

Unlike the other scanner owners - my scanner is basically just a cable which
hooks up to a laptop. I run a program (freely downloadable from the net) that
uses this cable as an interface into the PCM. You can get more info at the
following URL:

http://www.obd-2.com

It does everything that I want (and then some) except a few features only found
on the very high-end scanners (like flashing EEPROM). Best thing was it only
cost me $50. I got a deal on it a long time ago on Ebay. I think the price is
now up to $100-$150. Check the URL for exact pricing and features.

Latr,

Shane

--
'96 IndyRam-HisIndy-MPI/TB/Pulleys/Coil/Wires/CompTAs
'96 IndyRam-HerIndy-numbered(#142)"Track Truck"