distributor reset problems

From: Jon Smith (fast4x4@bellsouth.net)
Date: Tue Jun 13 2000 - 17:36:05 EDT

Well, I found 2 shops that agreed to reset my distributor for me, only one
snag... I went to both today to get it done, but both of them grabbed a
timing light. Now I was under the assumption that the distributor has no
effect on ignition timing, just injector timing... One of the guys was
appologetic that he didn't know what I was talking about, the other got
pissed off and went to his Alldata CD's, Alldata even says to use a timing
light. So what's up??? What's the exact procedure called to resynch the
distributor? I know they have the Sunpro and OTC scanners, anyone have a
model number, etc? I know Bob T. has the OTC...

man this would be simple if I could make it to C@C next month :-(
    Jon Smith--Raleigh, NC
      95 318 4x4 CC auto
  www4.ncsu.edu/~jdsmith4