A500 Problem

From: Gregg Omo (dak_fan92@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Jun 13 2000 - 19:34:16 EDT

I have the A500 in my Dakota and it is acting up.

I just drove it to Florida for the second time in 3
weeks after I did a Transgo shift kit. Well, now it
is acting really funny.

It will not shift out of 1st gear and it does not want
to downshift into first. When I come to a stoplight,
it only shifts down into second, and I can not take
off unless I manually shift it into 1st. It seems to
do it more once the truck warms up (a few stop and
go's through lights).

I has been 4000 miles since the shift kit and the
fluid level is okay. I used ATF-3 when I refilled the
tranny.

TIA

Gregg
92 V6 CC