Re: Re: Trailer Wiring Plug: Corrosion

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Wed Jun 14 2000 - 11:36:05 EDT

> I gave up on mine. It was wired wrong from the factory. I installed a
> third party wiring harness (U-Haul) and it's been working perfectly.

Bernd,
Mine didnt come with a hitch nor a wiring harness, so I put them on myself;
which is all grounded and wired up perfectly. The initial wiring harness was
a Hoppy, which the plug corrored so I cut the plug off and soldered on
another plug. After the soldered in plug went, I replaced the entire harness
with a Draw-Tite kit and now the Draw Tite plug is corroded. I got my Dremel
out with a tiny little wire brush attachment, which fits great down inside
the plug's terminal holes. I thought I could just use the Dremel and 'brush'
out all of the corrosion and rust inside the plug, but it still doesnt work.
Looks like I am going to solder another plug on..........
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6