Re: Assistance in payload calculations...

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Wed Jun 14 2000 - 14:26:18 EDT

At 12:01 PM 6/14/00 EDT, you wrote:
>I also need some help calculating the maximum safe
>payload for the bed of my '97 Dakota. <snip>

David

Your truck has a max. payload capacity of 2000 lb.

I can only suggest that you weigh one of the boxes
and multiply by 18 to get an approx. figure. Add
this to estimated weight of children and yourself
plus a few hundred pounds for luggage and the truck's
optional equipment. See if this total exceeds 2000 lbs.

Hope this helps a bit.

Bob