Re: Assistance in payload calculations...

From: Mike Klinke (LSOMike@email.msn.com)
Date: Wed Jun 14 2000 - 22:01:03 EDT

2000 magazines at 1/2# per is 1000 lbs., 300# for you and the kids, another
100# for your luggage, and goodies and you're right at 1400 pounds payload.
Somewhere you should have a sticker that states the GVWR. Get the number
from the sticker and subtract your truck's Curb Weight (Usually on your
vehicle registration card). If the answer is 1400 or greater you're OK,
otherwise you may find yourself bottoming out on the big bumps. That'll get
you somewhere in the ballpark anyway.....

Regards, Mike Klinke