Re:Re: recharging the A/C on my dakota

From: Hop * (buggin67@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Jun 14 2000 - 17:11:37 EDT

I have noticed that r-134a dosn't cool as well as r-12 when at an idle.
If i rember right i think the low side should read about 25psi @
2000 rpm. And the low side is were you fill from or the cold line
if you touch it while it is running. The pressure on the low side pressure
may vary depending on the ambient temp. Definatly use gauges.
If you put too much freon in the system it will not turn into a gas in the
evaperator. And too little will cause it to turn into a gas before
the evaperator wich will cause it to freeze up.
-hop.