Re: Re: Weight Ratings?

From: Mike Klinke (LSOMike@email.msn.com)
Date: Wed Jun 14 2000 - 21:45:04 EDT

Korey,

Some definitions:

GVWR: Gross Vehicle Weight Rating: The maximum allowable total weight of the
tow vehicle, including driver, passengers, any special equipment (options,
accessories and upfitted equipment), cargo, fuel, coolant, etc.

GCW: Total weight of a fully equipped truck and trailer with cargo, driver
and passengers, fuel, coolant, equipment, etc.

GCWR: Maximum allowable gross combination weight (GCW)

------------------
>From the Dodge towing guide for your vehicle: (CC, 4x2, 3.9L, 3.55 gears)

I don't know what the payload package consists of but it was probably an
option for your vehicle when you bought it. It wasn't an option on my QC.

Manual Trans: Without Payload Package/With Payload Package

GVWR: 5300/5930#
Payload: 1450/2000#
Curb Weight: 3806/3890#
GCWR: 8000/8000#
Max. Trailer Weight: 4050/3950#

Automatic Trans: Without Payload Package/With Payload Package

GVWR: 5300/5930#
Payload: 1450/2000#
Curb Weight: 3826/3910#
GCWR: 8800/8800#
Max. Trailer Weight: 4800/4750#

The towing manual also suggests that if you tow, use synthetic lub in the
differential and that to get to the maximum ratings you may have to have the
"maximum cooling options" installed.

Regards, Mike Klinke