Re: Re: Assistance in payload calculations...

From: fdedip@whale-mail.com
Date: Thu Jun 15 2000 - 00:27:37 EDT

You can carry way more than what it's rated for. My truck has the
minimum 1250# payload, and I've hauled 1500#s (counting me and
passenger) down the freeway at 80 mph. Not even close to bottoming
out.
Flip

---- Begin Original Message ----

>I also need some help calculating the maximum safe
>payload for the bed of my '97 Dakota.
>
>I think I can figure what I could tow, but I don't have a hitch
>and no trailer....so no towing.
>
>I need to carry 18 boxes of old Automotive publications (magazines)
>from the Detroit area to Houston the 1st of July.  (1,975 magazines)
>Plus, of course, luggage, myself and two small grandchildren.
>I have not been able to figure out how much all this weights, but it
is
>heavy.
>
>Spec's on my Dakota that would concern load carrying ability are as
>follows:  '97 ClubCab, 5.2 V8 with the usual modifications (K&N,
Flowmaster,
>BorgWarner Brass ignitions parts, 8mm Wires, 180 Degree Thermostat,
>Autolite Plugs & Hypertech PTM).  Automatic Transmission (custom
built
>TRANSGO 4-Speed with large Hayden Cooler).  15X8 Aluminum Rims with
>255/70X15 Cooper GT's, 3.92 TracLoc (2-wheel drive), TrailMaster N7
Invader

---- End Original Message ----

http://www.care2.com - Homebase for people who care about the Environment!