Wheel Hoppin' Dakota

From: Chris Lambert (mopar88@efortress.com)
Date: Wed Jun 14 2000 - 21:22:45 EDT

Isn't that the truth, I put a pair of spring clamps on my 5-speed and it
helped with a lot of the wheel hop, but if I slam from 1st to 2nd at or
near redline it shakes the whole truck, the other night I did it after the
dealer told me that my 4.7 isn't as quick as the R/t on the lot, I laughed,
but when I hit 2nd I saw my lights jump... you know like those cars that
drive around with a loose lamp... it was very noticable on the street sign
at the side of the road....

Chris

>Bummer - second gear on this weekends wet streets tuned my '00 5-speed 4.7L
>3.92 LSD SC into a axle-slammin', wheel hoppin' shaker!!! I understand
>Chrysler Trucks is "aware of the problem".
>
>I don't race, but when I need to use the gas the power has to get to the
>road in a safe and reasonable manner (given the inherant limitations of an
>empty bed and slick asphalt) . I also have the sport suspension/wheel/tire
>package. Does anybody have suggestions or experience with traction bars,
>ladder bars, or any other ideas or suggestions? Sorry if this has already
>been hashed over by the list..
>
>Rob
>Miami - where the rainy season just started.

'00 CC, 4.7, 5-sp, Finally Sporting a Gibson Stainless Dual Rear Catback...
Ricers Beware...