Re: 5 Speed Jumping Out of 1st Gear

From: Nate Johnson (natedak2k@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Jun 15 2000 - 11:27:06 EDT

I noticed this once a loooong time ago on a test drive in a 99. Every
time I put the stinkin' thing in first it'd pop back out. Didn't sound
good either. In MY 00 4.7 manual I've logged 21,000 miles and it's NEVER
done this. In fact the thing shifts like a BMW! Smooth as silk. I can
go through all the gears with my pinky! hehe. You definitly have a
problem. Take it into the dealer and make em fix it! It's simple as
that, don't let them feed you any lines of BS! I was givin a piece of
advice once that I now firmly believe in and will pass on. Unless your a
motorhead and know EXACTLY what's wrong beyond a shadow of a doubt don't
try and speculate and "help the service dept. out". You paid for a
warrentee, make them figure it out. Make em give you a rental/loaner
until it's fixed too. It's NOT normal for a vehicle to pop out of gear.
Don't let them feed you that line of BS either!

>A week or two ago I posted a question asking about the notchiness of the
5
>speed in our 2K Dakota QC, 4.7L, 5-speed, 3.55 LSD, etc. Well, we are
>learning to live with the notchiness, but the freakin' thing has jumped
>out
>of first gear three times on us - <snip snip snip>

=====
Nate, Ogden UT
http://www.geocities.com/natedak2k
Forest Green 00 Dakota CC 4X4, 5-speed, LSD, 3.92 Rear, 4.7L/287ci, Po'boy cold air w/ K&N, Extang BlackMax Tonneau
"D2K"