Re: 5 Speed Jumping Out of 1st Gear

From: Luke White (lukewhite@emeraldis.com)
Date: Fri Jun 16 2000 - 18:20:06 EDT

Just wanted to thank everyone for the input. I've got an "appointment" to
have the dealership look at it on Monday. I was hoping for today since I
had the afternoon off, but oh well . . . . . I drove the truck to work
today and damn if it didn't pop out twice in a row on the way in. Drove
fine on the way home.

I think if the dealership gives me any of this "we can't make it do
anything" or "it's *normal* - you and your wife can't drive" garbage, I'm
going to have to point out the safety aspect of it. How would you like to
be shooting for a hole in traffic (it is *necessary* sometimes) and then
BAM, you're coasting while an oncoming car or truck is aiming for your door?

BTW, I crawled under the truck this afternoon to see what I could see. (I
was hoping for something obviously bent or loose, etc.) No such luck, looks
like the shifter goes straight into the top of the transmission. I wasn't
about to pull the interior apart and be accused of screwing it up myself.
While I was under there I saw something else that pissed me off - a fairly
large dent in the bottom of the muffler. Probably got bashed while loading
or unloading the truck off of the car carrier. I'm going to point it out to
them and see what happens. Nothing else appeared out of place - thank
goodness!

Later,

Luke
2K QC 4.7 5-speed