Re: Re: Re: Re: att Bernd: RE: Got my Powerdyne 100% complete

From: Tim Berry (coolva1@home.com)
Date: Thu Jun 15 2000 - 17:04:05 EDT

Call me stupid... I still dont see it...
lemme try to explain how I see this boost affecting the timing stuff
The pistons are pushed harder under boost, whereas the valves are not...
the pistons which under more of a load are connected to the crank, which
spins, at the spinning point, there is no difference, just in the conversion
of up and down motion to rotational motion... (it takes power to drive the
camshaft, not gives power), the only difference in adding boost to the
engine will be the crank, and other compression areas and intake...
Maybe a picture will help me... but I've never heard of any type of turbo or
SCer needing any type of beefed up timing chain or anything.. and I know a
guy who runs 13.5@104 in his shadow, completely stock motor, just turned the
boost up.... and its over 10 yrs old...
Tim Berry -- Chesapeake, VA
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ