Re: Your 4.7L QC-from Will

From: MALDBNSF@aol.com
Date: Thu Jun 15 2000 - 22:20:00 EDT

I thought I asked a lot of questions, let me ask you a few 1st, Big Brakes? And where do u live?

Ok now to your questions……

what kind of trailer you're towing,.How long/what type/what are you hualing.

     Take a look at my home page follow the like about Operation Lifesaver, the car is a Sunfire w/o Motor and trany. http://www.geocities.com/maldbnsf/

how far do you pull at a time/how fast do you run?

    I pull it at the most 40 to 50 miles at any one time. The fastest That I have pulled it on the hi-way is 70mph but not for long, but mostly at 55 to 65mph.

I am curious to know does the 47L pull hard with a load behind it? does the motor get hot? do you have an oil pressure drop? do you experience any spark knock? Do you experience any valve chatter/valve float?

     It pulls it nice its not a hard pull at all. Since I put the oil cooler on and the cool callor it dosen't get hot as much and when it dose its cools quicker!!!! No oil pressure drop at all, why do you ask that one? No spark that I hear or valve chatter/valve float that I notice.

 sorry for all the questions, but I've never towed with a 4.7L and was hoping
 you could help me out with some of thesquestions.Thanks in advance,Will Coughlin willcoughlin@hotmail.com
 by the way, I deleted the post from the dml with your homepage link in it, could you send me another link? http://www.geocities.com/maldbnsf/

I hope this helps, I can pull that car you should be able to pull a wave runner!!!!! Good luck.

Don Mallett