Re: accel coil reliability

From: Dester223@aol.com
Date: Fri Jun 16 2000 - 22:39:08 EDT

a superchips ICON? we have a "chip" from those guys now? or are you talking
about having your whole ECM sent in and reprogrammed. I don't even think 97+
dakotas had that option from those guys yet. How much is the chip setting
you back and what do you mean "splice into the factory harness?" I am led to
believe these "icons" are plug in ordeals.
-Dester

<< I installed an Accel supercoil and adapter harness on my truck
 yesterday. The main reason for doing this is so that I can splice into the
 adapter harness instead of my stock harness when I install my Superchips
 ICON next week (I'd much rather cut a $20 harness than the factory harness).
 The truck doesn't seem to run any different since installing it, which I
 fully expected, but I saw some posts about someone's failing and leaving
 them stranded. Is this a common occurence, or are the accel coils reliable?
 The part # is 140021 for the coil and 140021AH for the harness.