Re: accel coil reliability

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Fri Jun 16 2000 - 23:20:45 EDT

> I installed an Accel supercoil and adapter harness on my truck
> yesterday. The main reason for doing this is so that I can splice into the
> adapter harness instead of my stock harness when I install my Superchips
> ICON next week (I'd much rather cut a $20 harness than the factory
harness).
> The truck doesn't seem to run any different since installing it, which I
> fully expected, but I saw some posts about someone's failing and leaving
> them stranded. Is this a common occurence, or are the accel coils
reliable?
> The part # is 140021 for the coil and 140021AH for the harness.

Doug,
I have had the 140021 Accel Super Coil on my Dakota for about 3 years now,
with no problems. Yes, you are right, you wont be able to tell a difference
when just upgrading ignition coils. My MSD ignition did die on me, but since
I installed the 8873 Universal Harness, I can and did plug back in the
'stock' ignition system in about 15 seconds and drove off.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6