Re: ford moto injectors...stock pressure?

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Fri Jun 16 2000 - 23:39:46 EDT

At 08:36 PM 6/16/00 PDT, you wrote:
>I used the 24# ford motosports inj. for the new one. Changed the
>TPS....had the truck to Dodge for a PCU scan...found nothing. Plugs look
>like that it is a lean fuel mix. so my question is......to anyone out there
>with a 95 5.2 had this problem? Or anyone that has changed to the ford
>inject had this problem?

I tested the 24# injectors with a '96 MP PCM and scanner. I am surprised that
your plugs tend to show a lean fuel mixture. At idle and part throttle,
both O2 sensors showed a very rich condition. After about 15-20 min.
of city driving, the first O2 sensor was outputting 'lean' and 'rich'
voltage showing that the computer had adjusted to the larger injectors.
The 2nd O2 sensor (monitors the cat op) showed a constant rich.
Going to WOT from any rpm, the engine bogged badly and carbon soot
came out of both pipes.

Bob. Ont, Canada.
'97 Dakota CC, 5.2L, 4x2, 3.92 SG, auto., 4265 lb.
MP MPI, cam, rockers, '96 PCM; F&B tb; headers/cat-back
RWHP: 226.2 (corrected) RWTQ: 332.5 (corrected)
PB: 14.737 @ 91.75 9.364 @ 72.95