Re: Child Seat Tether Anchors

From: MALDBNSF@aol.com
Date: Sat Jun 17 2000 - 01:15:24 EDT

Stop by your local PD and most of will check the baby car seats for no charge. This can save the life of a small person.

Don Mallett
<< Hi all,

I don't know how many of you own QC's or CC's and have babies that ride in
your truck but did you know that most baby seats have anchor straps that
anchor to the floor of the vehicle. The anchoring hardware is supplied and
installed by a DC dealer. I am aware of this now because of a news article
that states the baby seat cannot move more than 1/2" in any direction or it
is improperly anchored. In California not having it properly anchored is
just like not having one, period. First offense $200. If the CHP stops you
and you have a baby in the child seat, they will ask you to remove the baby
and they will check the seat for movement. Knowing this I went to a local
Dodge dealer and asked what hardware I needed to properly do this. They
told me there was a kit and the cost was $18.00 and that they would have to
order it. It is now on order. So I'm looking at one of the DML notes today
and I see a list of TSB's for Ram's. TSB 23-35-99, states that all hardware
and installation for child seat tethers will be provided by DC for 2000
passenger cars and for 2001 light trucks. WTF...babies don't ride in trucks
older than 2001? This is a customer satisfaction TSB. I'm not very
satisfied. Just venting...sorry it was so long.

Ron
00 SLT QC 4X2 5.9 3.55 LSD