RE: Supercharger update

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Sat Jun 17 2000 - 15:19:57 EDT

I've gotta get me one of those! ;)

Excellent times Wayne.

- Bernd

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-dakota-truck@buffnet.net
[mailto:owner-dakota-truck@buffnet.net]On Behalf Of Train225@aol.com
Sent: Saturday, June 17, 2000 2:09 PM
To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
Subject: DML: Supercharger update

I went to Cecil County last night and now have a new best time, 13.622 @
101.78. Backed that up with a 13.682 @ 101.73. Best sixty foot was a 1.986
but usually was between 2.0 and 2.1. It is now real tricky to launch. The
temp was 85 with humidity @ 96 percent. I have gained almost a full second
and almost 9 mph from my best time without the blower (14.564 @ 93.09) and
over a second from my average times.

My truck runs great. Mileage is the same as it was as long as I keep my
foot
out of it. They ET is pretty good right now, but if I had an automatic,
better tires or a better driver it could come down to be more in line with
the MPH.

If anyone is interested in a group by on these kits, please let me know.
Pricing depends on how many people want them and there are different kits
for
different years and engines. Currently there are seven different part
numbers. They also come polished or satin finish. Good prices are
available
on single orders, there is a price break for two kits and another break at
five.

My kit came with the blower, brackets and belt, inlet tube and air filter,
discharge tube, air hat with injectors, computer to drive the injectors,
Crane HI6 ignition with boost retard, all the hardware and instructions.
Vortech's warranty is 3 years. Let me know if you are interested and I will
put you in touch with the person I got mine from.

Wayne
98 RC, 5.2, 5 speed, 3.92, JBA headers, 3 inch single Flowmaster, F & B
throttle body, drag radials and Vortech. 13.622 @ 101.78