Backfire Saga contuniues,att Tim

From: Tim J Koth (Tim.J.Koth@aexp.com)
Date: Sat Jun 17 2000 - 15:22:51 EDT

Do you have a super charger? The PCV system is designed to feed into the
intake where there is always vacuum. If you have a supercharger then you need
to plug the one on the intake manifold and re-route that hose from the PCV
valve to a point on the intake that is past the air filter but before the SC.
Then your PCV system should function properly. With it hooked up to the
manifold you are pumping air into your crankcase. The pcv valve is meant to
prevent that, but if it also has to overcome 6-7 lbs of boost to dump any
crankcase fumes then you are in effect forcing your crankase to operate at
that pressure, or greater all the time. I would think that would start causing
seals and gaskets to blow etc.

At 08:12 PM 6/16/00 EDT, you wrote:
> Bad news (For me)..I pulled the M1 off and the intake gaskets Etc are
all
>ok..But the M1 is full of oil and its coming from the PCV valve hose thats
>pluged into the vacuum tree,,Something is pressurizing my crankcase and the
>oil is coming out the PCV valves..I did not put the Baffles in the Mopar
>performance valve covers, could that account for the oil..Dammm...

Truly sorry to hear this.

First thing I'do is replace the PCV valve ... wouldn't even test the old
one as it is cheap enough.

If the problem still persists, the only thing that I can think of the
extra pressure from the SC is blowing oil pass the cylinder walls
... possibly worn or damaged rings. Maybe do a compression test to
see if that shows anything.

Bob