Re: Re: RE: Problem here--RE RE

From: Tim (magnum318@uswest.net)
Date: Thu Jun 22 2000 - 02:46:40 EDT

 What do you mean-"it would not crank?" Do you mean that the starter, when
hooked up to a jumper battery would turn over the starter and engage the
flywheel and spin the engine, but the truck wouldn't fire up. OR the jumper
battery wouldn't even turn over the starter? The easiest way to see of it's
your battery is to remove the truck battery and replace it with a good
jumper battery and see if the truck fires up. IF so it's your battery. Maybe
it has a dead cell(s) and when you put on a jumper battery what will happen
is it will draw down the power from the helper battery enough to not start,
but you will lhave enough juice from your truck battery to run some of the
simple powered devices in the truck such as the radio,dome lights, or even
the headlights for a little amount of time. If the truck does crank over
strongly, but just not fire up, you might want to have a look at the
computer module connections(might have corrosion on the terminals) or pop
the distributor cap and under the rotor bug, you'll find the famous
"pick-up" plate that controls the spark.