Re: Leaking rear diff cover

From: fawcett@uism.bu.edu
Date: Thu Jun 22 2000 - 21:08:15 EDT

Had the same thing happen to me when I put my locker in. Two things cured it:

1.) After laying down a good thick bead of RTV Black, I tightened down the
bolts evenly but only hand tight/enough to hold it on and make contact all the
way around.

2.) I waited an hour after hand tightening to let the RTV set real good before
gently snugging them into place and filled her up with gear lube.

Hasn't leaked or even weaped a bit since.
Luck!
Tom