Daks,what else?

From: Steve Preston (steve318@webtv.net)
Date: Thu Jun 22 2000 - 22:05:12 EDT

Saw a nice 2000 CC 4x4 4.7 IB truck yesterday that made me wanna cry.My
truck is only a 3.9 RC.It makes you feel bad to see someone else driving
a much nicer version of your truck! My truck is pinging badly and
consistently now.Mostly evident when I just apply the SLIGHTEST pressure
to the throttle,right at the point where it lugs the engine (in OD).I
have a new appointment with a different dealer to hopefully fix it on
Tuesday.At least this dealer threw out"sounds like the gasket in the
intake" when I described pinging and running like a physically
challenged dog.He did not seem to be aware of any of them new-fangled
computer flashes,by the way,so I guess we`ll see how a belly pan gasket
fixes it.I`m just hoping that this dealer actually sees a problem.
Steve P. 99 Dak Sport 4x4 V6 RC 3.92 anti-spin