Bedliner scuffin` muh tailgate

From: Steve Preston (steve318@webtv.net)
Date: Thu Jun 22 2000 - 22:28:40 EDT

I know,I know.If it weren`t for bad luck I`d have no luck at all.I got
this bedliner put in a few months ago.(My father-in-law had the same one
put on his new Toy).Welp,my Dak has one(count it on one finger),one
screw/bolt to hold the tailgate cover in place,O.K? His Toy has SIX.Some
of you know where I`m going with this,don`t ya? On his Toy(I don`t want
to come right out and call it a truck,because once you rack up five or
six hundred thousand miles on one of these things,better get out the
checkbook),I lost my train of thought here....O.K.,the piece of bedliner
that folds over the tailgate does not scratch his tailgate because he
has six bolts holding his in place.I got 1.So my question to the DML is
seventeenfold.But the main one is: A.) How can I keep my tailgate from
getting scratched?Some real wide double-stick foam tape? Please do not
reply with a one-word answer as it has taken me some time to formulate
such a question.Thank you. Steve P.