Re: Re: Centerline wheels(Dester)

From: Dester223@aol.com
Date: Fri Jun 23 2000 - 01:27:58 EDT

I actually already bought rims for the old dakota. Elite La Jolla 18x8.5
rims. with 275/35/18s and 245/45/18s up front. All I can say is DAMN!! it
corners like a mad man. I actually just got into a race with a modified
mustang 5.0. apparently he had put it through a weigh reduction program, had
race skinnies up front and some mufflers pointing out from in front of the
drive shaft.

point being,. we raced and on the straighaways, I'd hold up with him until
100+, but as soon s we'd start corning, he'd have to slam on the brakes. I
think that's funny. I wouldn't put race skinnies on my truck to take it out
to the track, then go home and TRY to race on the highway around those nice
bends... I wouldn't last an hour with em.
-Dester

PS. back to the point of this e-mail, I'll hopefully be getting pictures of
the new rims up sometime soon. As for price on them, I've posted to the DML
before, a set of 4 brand new rims for 700 bucks plus shipping to your door?
want to see the rim?

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=331540880

<< Hey are you still thinking about getting any centerline wheels? If so you
 will have to try and track them down or have Discount get some for you.
 They went out of business and were bought by progressive. Just thought you
 would like to know. >>