Re: Front Driveshaft Question

From: Sandman (sandman@swconnect.net)
Date: Fri Jun 23 2000 - 17:24:11 EDT

Yes, you can drive it without the front drive shaft. As long as you aren't in 4
wheel drive it is not being used, just extra stuff for the engine to turn. You
might even get better gas mileage. Just FYI, you can also drive without the
rear shaft if ever need be. A friend of mine was out 4 wheeling and twisted his
rear drive shaft, he just unbolted the other end and left it in 4 wheel and
drove it home. Ended up driving it back and forth to work like that for about a
week while he got a new drive shaft for it.