poboy intake heat?

From: Black Diamond Dakota (dml@promogiant.com)
Date: Fri Jun 23 2000 - 17:40:35 EDT

Just a quick sorta wierd question.
I built a poboy intake for my 00 Dak (4.7), this week. It turned out
really go, Im just waiting for the K&N to install it all. It is
completely custom from the TB on. My question is: I used a rubber 90
degree turn for the curve from the TB to the 3" plastic sewer pipe to the
filter. I am sorta worried about if the rubber piece will hold up to the
underhood temperatures?????
Will it melt? Im planning on wrapping it in heat relflectant tape or
something, but Id had to have it melt a hole in it, especially out four
wheeling in the dust.
It doesnt make and contact with anything except where it conects to the
TB.
Hope you veteran poboy builders can put my mind to ease on this.
Im gonna stick the tube in my engine compartment on my trip from LA to
vegas this weekend and see what happens (hopefully it doesnt melt all
over my engine compartment!)
Thanks

Ben Haines

00 Dakota Quad Cab 4x4 Sport +
4.7 Auto
Intense Blue
Loaded

Mods:
Optima Battery
Drawtite Front hitch reciever w/ Tow hooks and skid shield