Re: Re: Some Lifted Dak Pics Up/Roof Rack

From: Killerdak@aol.com
Date: Sun Jun 25 2000 - 16:57:24 EDT

In a message dated 6/25/00 4:01:05 PM, grndak4x4@home.com writes:

<< Nice lookin' pics, you make me so jealous with that beast you have

created!!!!! GRRR!!!! I see you have some type of 'roof rack' on your Dak.

Tell me more about it. How is it secured to the top? Who makes it? Thanks, >>

Kyle, it's a Saris-
that was the only brand I could find to fit a Dakota when I was looking into
racks, very good quality, stout, aerodynamic, and nice looking too. Last
weekend I had my mountain bike and a full-size canoe strapped to it to go
camping, fit both no prob with room to spare. You can get all kinds of
different accessories for it depending on what you want to haul. I got mine
at a local bike store. Assembly is a breeze as you can see on the web page
below. Not sure if it would work on a regular cab Dak though, because it
clips into the front door and back vent of the Club Cab, although they do
have several different mounts available....

check out: http://www.saris-products.com/

good luck!

Dave Kilian -- Clayton, NC
'96 Dakota CC 4x4 3.9L 5-spd, 4" TM susp. lift, 2" Body lift, 33" BFG MT's
etc...