Re: body lifts on gen II v8's

From: Walter Felix (walt_felix@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Jun 27 2000 - 08:54:23 EDT

The problem with a body lift on a Gen II V8 Dakota is the engine fan will
not clear the lower raditor hose with a 3" lift. I have seen two different
ways to handle the problem. The best and most common is to use an electric
fan. I saw one truck where the guy did some creative plumbing of the lower
hose with a bunch of elbows. Kind of a hack job, but it worked. As far as
installation, the only problems I encountered when I did my V6 and a
friend's V8 was the two cab mounts behind the front wheels. The tires kick
alot of road grime directly on them and they may rust into place. On my
Dak, I had to cut one off with a torch. I have details on my Dakota page on
Walt-n-Ingrid.COM

Walt Felix
88½ Dakota Sport 4x4, 2000 Ram 1500 QuadCab Sport 4x4 and a 67 Barracuda
Coupe 340/4Speed
Walt@Walt-n-Ingrid.COM
http://WWW.Walt-n-Ingrid.COM
http://WWW.MoparsinMotion.COM