Re: Magnum VS Non Magnum

From: Mag318Racr@aol.com
Date: Tue Jun 27 2000 - 12:21:24 EDT

In a message dated 6/27/00 10:31:31 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
NVMYDakota@aol.com writes:

> > What is the difference between a magnum 318 and a
> > regular 318. I have been told the magnum is much more
> > powerful. Non-magnum rated at 150 hp (less than a v6).
> > That is what I've been told. If anyone knows the
> > difference please let me know, I'm boggled.
>

> Well the most upfront difference is that the magnum is Multiport Fuel
> Injected, and non mags are eighter Carbed or TB injected (which SUCKS)
The
> Mags have almost 100 horses mroe than the non mag 318. That pretty much
> tells me what to buy...
>
> Greg

Magnums also use roller camshafts vs. a standard hyd camshaft. And the heads
flow much better with a swirl port design vs. old 318 heads.

Kelly in SC - http://www.geocities.com/turbo3iroc/
'96 CC 5.2 Lowered 2/3, 17" Billet Specialties' among other mods.
'92 Daytona IROC R/T 224HP Twin cam turbo 2.2L