Re: (No Subject)

From: Richard A Pyburn (rap777@juno.com)
Date: Tue Jun 27 2000 - 14:31:57 EDT

Brad:

The best narrative on the subject that I ever read came from Bill Tierney
years ago. He runs both the stock ignition box and the MSD (now for
timing retard only). He swears (and has the time slips to prove it) that
his Dakota is slower in the quarter with the MSD than with the stock and
that on the street, his truck would downshift on hills with the MSD in
places that would not downshift using the stock ignition.

This is all in the archives, probably in 1996. Check by author
"willtier".

YMMV,

Richard in San Antonio

On Mon, 26 Jun 2000 19:08:45 -0700 "Br Dak" <dakota_95@angelfire.com>
writes:

> I was up at carlisle this weekend and was told by a fellow a dakota
> owner (non-DML) that there is no need for a upgraded ignition on a
> 318 magnum because the factory coil provides a hot enough spark even
> with mods including hopped up cam, headers, exhaust, intake,
> computer and TB. Do any of you have a opinion on this because I was
> getting ready to purchase an MSD and was wondering if it would be
> money well well spent or not.
>
> TIA Brad Jasper
> 95 318 RC 5spd
>

> Angelfire for your free web-based e-mail. http://www.angelfire.com