A500 rebuild (kinda long) with apology.

From: Chris Lambert (mopar88@efortress.com)
Date: Tue Jun 27 2000 - 22:16:34 EDT

Sorry to hear about the tranny, here is my experience with my premag 6, I
needed a rebuild at 97,500mi. Cost me $1250. At 122,500 mi I cracked the
A500's case. so I went with a A518 non-lockup. In short I loved it but
after the accident I got a new truck.

Chris

>hey all,
>
>FYI,
>
>I posted recently that I had a problem with the tranny
>on not working properly on my 92 V6. It would not
>downshift into first or upshift out of first. It also
>felt like it was taking off in second.
>
>Well, I took it to Holler Dodge in Orlando, FL and
>they said that there were some seals that were shot,
>the governor was bad, clutches were burned up and when
>it was all said and done.....$1400 rebuild. $350 in
>parts and $70/hour for 15 hours of labor. Man I hate
>living in an apartment and not being able to work on
>my own stuff. They said that it would be $2200 for a
>new A518 installed. I am sure that there are some
>that would jump at this opportunity to upgrade the
>tranny....but money is TIGHT right now, so the old one
>is being rebuilt.
>
>Anyway. Just letting other know what my diagnosis was
>because there were others on the list that were
>reporting a similar problem.
>
>Also...an apology to the list if a couple of weeks
>back everybody was getting mail box full messages when
>posting to the list because of me....I was getting my
>truck fixed from a run in with a ladder and trying to
>move my life to Orlando....so again I apologize for
>any inconvience that I caused anyone.
>
>Gregg
>92 V6 CC, tranny being rebuilt.

'00 CC, 4.7, 5-sp, 3923's, Gibson Duals, Lakewood Traction Bars, DML "Smoke
Em" Decal
Pioneer Stereo, Bugflector II Bug Guard, Fender Flairs, 3923's, Tinted
Windows, Ventvisors,
Alarm, Spring Clamps, Magnum Front Plate... Quick D on the way...