Re: Serpentine Belt

From: Dester223@aol.com
Date: Tue Jun 27 2000 - 23:50:52 EDT

How have you diagnosed that you need a new belt? It's recommended that if
oyu have about more than 4 "cracks" per square inch that it's replaces, so
the belt isn't a mileage item....

As for belts, about any kind will do. Goodyear has those new "gatorback"
belts that look pretty cool and are supposed to be quieter. Aftermarket
should be cheaper over mopar, and should have the same, or better quality.
-Dester

<< I am about due to replace my serpentine belt. Has anyone had any luck with
 aftermarket belts like Goodyear etc. or should I stick with the Mopar belt?