Re: RE: Re: RE: C@C Now slicks

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Wed Jun 28 2000 - 10:20:01 EDT

At 05:19 AM 6/28/00 -0700, you wrote:
>yea, Thats what I have, the Hoosier Quick Time Pro's, they have two grooves
>cut in them, but they are DOT approved. Like ya say, they are just like a
>slick, but you can run it in the street class!! I went with 28" tall X 11"
>wide. I was trying to stay at the factory height (28"). Now I wonder what a
>26" tire would have done, I just do get into 4th in the traps. I have tried
>holding 3rd out but I'd have to turn about 6200 rpms, which may work, but I
>don't like to go above 6000!!

As near as I can calculate (I switched to 26" from 28"), your effective gear
ratio will be between 4.15 to 4.20. With my auto. and 3.55 (then), I was
going through the line at 4000 rpm with the 28" ... with the 26", I was
going through near 4500 rpm. 26"ers 'may' drop your trap speed a bit but
will probably drop your ETs as well ... about 2/10's for me.

Bob