Re: Re: Functional Ram Air Hoods ?

From: jdharmon@earthlink.net
Date: Thu Jun 29 2000 - 20:01:41 EDT

i never had either ram air hood I had on my Dak in the heavy rain. neither one
gave any significant performance gains. Actually, the type of hoop filter you use
gives less performance than the larger cone filters. Also - ram air hoods work
only above highway speeds and the scoops must be out of the laminar air flow.
This is the layer of air flowing over the hood as part of the normal body
aerodynamics. Otherwise, it really does not help much. Looks great though!

Jim