Update on my Dak/pingmeister

From: Steve Preston (steve318@webtv.net)
Date: Thu Jun 29 2000 - 20:40:59 EDT

First off,not to change my own subject,but you guys really outdid me on
the chevrolet acrostic.Now for my Dodge.Took it to a different dealer
for severe hesitation/pinging.(First dealer found no
problem,twice.)Dropped it off on Monday night,and haven`t seen it
since!They checked it out Tuesday and found nothing wrong,which of
course,sucked.They offered to keep it and try it the next day,to which I
agreed.So I called at around 3:00 yesterday,and they said they were
working on it,it needed a belly pan gasket.(Ted O`s reading this and
going,"I told you that a long time ago,dum dum".Yeah,I know,but they had
to determine it for themselves).Long story short,They had to order a
gasket,so it wasn`t ready today,either.That`s perfectly O.K.,though,at
least this dealership saw the problem.Not sure if they saw and are going
to correct BOTH problems or not.They did say that the new gasket is
upgraded from the original(and I was pleased).Should be ready
tomorrow.If it pings after this,I might have to have the reflash done,I
guess.Bernd said it fixed his,yet we have Dester on the other hand,who
we can`t even trust with a buffer :),that says his doesn`t run as strong
after the flash.I DON`T want that to happen. Steve P. 99 Dak Sport RC
4x4 V6 auto 3.92 anti-spin