Re: Re: Electric Windows was: Re: New guy intro

From: rsuter@bizfon.com
Date: Fri Jun 30 2000 - 10:00:38 EDT

     I talked to the service manager at the local Dodge dealer the other day
about whether or not Dakotas with manual windows are wired for power windows. He
said they were and that the "pigtail" from the door into the existing harness
would need to be added. He did add the disclaimer of "But we've never done a
manual to power conversion".

     I called the guy selling the '99 last night and had him pull the rubber
boot that covers the wiring running from the door to the body. It only contained
the speaker wires. I then crawled under my '92's dash and saw that what appears
to be the entire door electric harness plugs into the truck's harness right
behind the glove box on the right side. There may be hope. I'm going to look at
the '99 tonite and see if the same plug setup exists behind the '99's glovebox.
I'll keep you posted.

     Why not just buy a truck with power windows, you say? There seem to be very
few blue/silver SLTs on the used market. I suppose I better call a few JYs to
see if I can get the parts for the conversion, huh?

     On the "other" topic of my '92 being difficult to start on "not hot and not
stone cold" startups..... I've never had any error codes from the ECM.

thanks,

Rick

1992 LE, 5.2l, 4X4
1957 Willys FC-150