Re: Re: Re: '99 clutch fan removal (Ed)

From: Dester223@aol.com
Date: Mon Jul 03 2000 - 11:35:31 EDT

why would you want to reinstall the factory fan? The electric fan (if
powerful enough) will keep the engine cool just like the factory belt driven
fan. By mounting on the factory fan. you won't gain any horse power because
it's still there. And the "taking off the clutch" idea isn't great, that
would make the fan spin with the engine ALL the time, losing even MORE
horses...
-Dester

<< I do have a quick question, though. When I install the electric fan,
can
 keep the clutch assembly off or will I need to reinstall the assembly minus
 the fan?