Re: '99 clutch fan removal (Dester)

From: Chuck Robbins (intense99dak@home.com)
Date: Mon Jul 03 2000 - 11:56:33 EDT

    Allow me to take another stab at explaining what I would like to
do. I am definitely going to install the ASP crank pulley. At the same
time (due to recent events) I would like to install a Hayden electric
fan and t-stat kit.
    I don't want to replace the stock fan nor clutch assembly once the
Hayden electric fan is installed. However, I know nothing about the
fluid Ed mentioned and I just want to make sure that there will be no fluid
leakage from the pressed on waterpump pulley. If there is going to be
leakage, then what steps can I perform to prevent it. Hence my question
about reinstalling the clutch assembly, but without the fan blades. If this
is
the case, then I will pass on the electric fan as I agree that parasitic
lose
will still be present with the clutch assembly reinstalled.
    Hopefully this attempt made more sense ;-) If the fluid is contained
within the clutch assembly and not in the waterpump pulley, then all is
well and the electric fan will go on. I just wanted to make sure as I
currently
have no other source of info other than the DML.

Chuck Robbins
'99 Dakota Sport
http://www.members.home.com/clrobbins/dakota.htm