Re: Re: TransGo Shift Kit

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Mon Jul 03 2000 - 13:01:15 EDT

At 10:52 AM 7/3/00 -0500, you wrote:
>Did you do the maneuver with the OD unit when you installed the TransGo?
>According to the instructions that I got, on later model Dakotas
>(apparently anything after 1992), in order to install the rear servo
>properly, you have to remove the drive shaft, unbolt the OD unit and then
>slide it back from the tranny so that the "strut" can be moved and then
>the rear servo mounted.
>
>I had this done for me as I do not have access to a lift. I have no
>problems at any throttle position with the TransGo. I don't know if this
>is related to what you are experiencing or not, but thought I'd mention
>it.

Thanks, Richard. I also had the install done by an experienced, reputable
tranny person so I assume that that procedure was followed. I'll try
to find out.

>Kuk says he is working on a "kit" that will enable the shift kit to be
>installed properly without having to go thru the rigamarole above. That
>would be nice!

Sure would be! I'll keep in touch with Kuk to see how it's progressing.

Bob. Ont, Canada.
'97 Dakota CC, 5.2L, 4x2, 3.92 SG, auto., 4265 lb.
PB: 14.737 @ 91.75 9.364 @ 72.95